Friday, July 29, 2011

Curious George and paper boats

curious george rides a bike
The Curious George books are one of Daniel's favorite series. So after reading "Curious George Rides a Bike," we decided to make our own paper boats like George does in the book.

Curious george-boat instructions
We used paper from a magazine instead of newspaper. Newspaper wasn't holding up well enough.

IMG_1749
Then launched our own little fleet into the baby pool. And they did indeed float!

IMG_1759
It wasn't long before the army guys made their way into the boats. Unfortunately they didn't last more than 10 minutes, then sunk to their death. But it was a fun 10 minutes :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! I could not remember which book had this boat and you solved my dilemma. I've been making these for a long time with children at schools where I teach. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally, the best blog I have ever read. I feel bad, for not finding this blog sooner.
    OMC outdrive parts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...