Friday, March 2, 2012

The greatest gift you can give your children...

My grandma used to say that the greatest gift you can give your children is the gift of each other. My mom spoke at her funeral last summer and included those words in her talk. Grandma always encouraged her girls to have a lot of children. As our boys are growing up, interacting more with each other, playing, wrestling, laughing, and yes, sometimes fighting, Pete and I often talk about how true those words are! It makes me so happy to watch these little ones grow up together. And with our move away from family and friends, I have watched them become even closer, having to rely on each other for friendship and security. Nothing makes me happier than to see my boys sitting side by side reading books, playing Legos, getting their dinosaurs ready for battle and laughing over silly things. They give each other something that no one else can. It's hard to believe we'll be adding another little boy into the mix in the next few weeks. I can't wait.

The boys

2 comments:

  1. Es una gran alegría una familia tan numerosa como la tuya. Yo tengo 3 hermanas y 1 hermano, y recuerdo mi infancia realmente feliz con ellos. Enhorabuena.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...