Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day gift... garden markers

Living away from family forces me to be on the ball with things like Mother's Day gifts.  Normally I would be whipping something together the night before, but now I have to actually plan ahead so it has time to get there.  This year I tried to think of gifts that were thoughtful but also useful.  Gifts that the kids could help with but that wouldn't just clutter up the house.  My mother-in-law loves spending time working in the yard, so we came up with the idea to make garden markers for her vegetable garden.

IMG_5742
IMG_5760

I wanted to keep it as simple and natural looking as possible.  I cut the wood and nailed the pieces together, John wrote the letters, Pete used a wood burner to trace the letters, and Dan stained the wood.

garden markers-prep IMG_5730

I think they turned out pretty cute!  I love little kid handwriting.  I can't wait to see how they look in her garden.

IMG_5751 IMG_5743 IMG_5758

Now I want to make some for our garden!

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...